Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, in accordance with Cyrus rugs Returns Policy. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Damage arising from abnormal use, or abuse, or placement in inappropriate locations;
- Products which have not been maintained, or which have been modified
- Installations or hanging services not provided by Cyrus Rugs
Product Nature & Durability:
- Rug sizes may vary from the advertised size up to 3% due to the handmade nature of some rugs.
- Some colour variation can be expected due to manufacturing processes, natural piles and dyes of our rugs. In addition, some piles are transitional and all rugs present differently under various forms of light.
- Reasonable shedding, loosened fibres and shading is a normal characteristic of some rugs. This is not a fault.
- Rugs subjected to sunlight will experience fading. Rugs placed in high traffic areas will deteriorate faster. We suggest regular rotation.
- It is not recommended that rugs be placed on top of installed carpet, this can create a tripping hazard from being placed on a non-solid base.
- Viscose, artificial silk and bamboo silk is prone to 'cellulose browning' if exposed to moisture, this is inherent of the material.
- Jute is a handwoven pile and some warp is expected from use as the weave shifts within the brittle composition of the raw fibre.
- We do not recommend rugs be placed in damp areas. Classified 'outdoor' rugs still require periods of dryness and cleaning.
- We recommend using the Seal Guard protectant to increase the lifespan of your purchase.
If you have any queries about the expected longevity or characteristics of the particular rug you are interested in please feel free to contact the Cyrus Rugs team.